We're celebrating National Nursing Week - #YESThisIsNursing
Submitted by Sally Lee, Communications Coordinator, Communications & Public Affairs
Providence Health Care kick-started National Nursing Week celebrations on Monday, May 7 with a series of events dedicated to our amazing nurses! This year's Nursing Week theme #YESThisIsNursing speaks to the expanding traditional and non-traditional roles, settings and sectors nurses work in. PHC sites hosted a number of events and workshops that gave our staff, patients and visitors an opportunity to acknowledge and thank our nurses for the expertise, dedication and professionalism they display on a daily basis.
On behalf of the Acute and Residential Nursing Practice Council, we're excited to celebrate 2018 Nursing Week across PHC from May 7-13.
Join in on the fun and acknowledge a fellow nurse at PHC! Share your gratitude on social media by using the hashtag #YesThisIsNursing.
Pictures from this year's 2018 Nursing Events
Nurses coming together for a team photo op in celebration of Nursing Week.
Our RAAC/ ED team, including this week's Meet & Greet guest, Jen Funo (middle).
Nurses celebrating National Nursing Week festivities at SPH.
SPH nurses and OH&S Coordinator, Linda Rankin (middle), celebrating both Mental Health Week and Nursing Week at the Staff Health and Wellness Fair on May 9.
Lastly, a huge thank you to our nurses for the incredible work, accomplishments and discipline that you show across Providence Health Care!
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Japanese couple celebrates Mother's Day with the birth of their "little cherry blossom" at St. Paul's new maternity clinic
- Exploring PHC's nursing leadership paths
- The unveiling of the Spiritual Journey of the Shaman painting
- New site at St. Paul's helps save lives
- How a lost brooch became the final piece to a touching wedding blessing in the CICU
- "Keeping the Light Shining" - Capstone Conference held at Vandusen's Floral Hall
- Eye clinic provides life changing care in the Downtown East Side
- Dr. Herbert Fitterman: an eye on the future
- PHC researchers funded in Health Professional-Investigator competition
- Enter the #GetLoud contest - support the conversation about mental health
- The Foundry shares real stories from young adults about mental health
- How communicatively accessible are your health care services?
- Sign up today for the commuter challenge!
- Don't forget to register for Research Day
- Apply for the Enhanced Patient Care Grant before May 31
- Care Connection for May is now online
- Mother's Day is this Sunday, May 13
- SPH Cafeteria Menu May 14 - 20
- Do not recycle these common plastic recycling contaminants