We're moving into the new year by reflecting on our past and success -- PHC celebrates 125 years!
Submitted by Sally Lee, Communications Coordinator, Communications & Public Affairs
Exactly one year ago (January 2019), we commenced the celebration of PHC's 125 year anniversary since the opening of the first St. Paul's Hospital in 1894. Between January 2019 to the new year, we've shared and accumulated 125+ social media posts highlighting the incredible accomplishments and sharing the Providence way of treating our patients with compassion and care for the last 125 years.
Did you know?
On November 21, 1894 – 125 years ago – St. Paul’s Hospital admitted its very first patient, a woman by the name of Mrs. Woodlock. At the time, the hospital was a modest 25-bed, four-storey cottage recently opened by the Sisters of Providence to serve the health care needs of the growing port city.
It has now been 125 years since the founding Sisters of Providence built and opened the first St. Paul’s Hospital on charred forest remains on the outskirts of a small town in Vancouver in 1894. Since that day, 125 years ago, we’ve been serving patients with the same compassionate and innovative care that has become our hallmark. And now we can imagine the next 125 years of care at the new St. Paul’s Hospital as we gear up for new and exciting changes coming up for the years ahead.
The PHC 125 year anniversary social campaign was just that -- a way to celebrate the biggest moments from our past, present and future for all 17 sites that now embody Providence Health Care's mission, vision and values; and a chance to reflect on the past 125 years to inspire our next 125 years -- #PHCcelebrates #PHC125.
Missed out on the social celebrations? Follow us on social to get caught up!
Follow and like us on Instagram and Facebook to view and read our 125 Stories for 125 Years:
- Instagram: @providencehealthcare
- Facebook: @ProvidenceHealthCare.BC
- Facebook photo album + collection
Search the campaign photos on Instagram using the following hashtags: #PHCcelebrates #PHC125
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- St. Paul’s Foundation Lights of Hope raises more than $3.2 million for Providence Health Care’s Greatest Needs
- PHC's Practice-Based Research Challenge Launches Today -- Learn how to get involved!
- Attention PHC Nurses! Get paid to go back to school: Providence Recruiters are holding information sessions to talk to you about our specialty training opportunities
- A look back at 2019
- From The Daily Scan: Best of 2019
- Calling all volunteers: We need you. Yes, YOU!
- From The Daily Scan: St. Paul's surgeon featured in new Gray's Anatomy
- From The Daily Scan: How to start exercising
- From The Daily Scan: Got a New Year’s Resolution? Here’s what you need to do
- Join Medicine's first-ever Journal Club, which kicked off in the new year!
- Learn about the Psychosocial Factors – Involvement & Influence
- 5 Minute Rounds at PHC