What’s wrong with this picture? Guess + Win!
Submitted by PHC Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC)
Today, May 5, is the World Health Organization’s International Clean Your Hands Day.
To celebrate, the Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) team is kicking off a contest to test your glove knowledge (a key component of hand hygiene in health care!).
Starting today and running until June 16, we will post a new glove-use photo each week. Take a look and then use the comments section below to tell us “what not to do” when it comes to glove use.
Correct answers will be entered into a draw for coffee cards, PHC swag, and movie passes!
The fine print
- There are 7 pictures in all; one for each week from May 4 through June 16, with the final draw taking place on June 16.
- Check out each week’s picture, then scroll down to the comment section and post your guess about the glove use error that’s being shown in the picture. But watch out! There might be one that shows correct use … just saying.
- Contest winners will be drawn from correct answers and announced in PHC News weekly.
- Deadline for entries is each Wednesday by 10 a.m.
- You must use your real name and a valid email address to comment and enter the draw.
Have fun and don’t forget to check back next week for a new picture!
Need a review on proper glove use?
Got you covered. Check out the Gloves section in IPAC’s Standard and Transmission Based Precautions and Personal Protective Equipment Manual.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Happy World Hand Hygiene Day!
- PHC makes mental health and mental wellness in the workplace a top priority
- ADC (Omnicell) Project: Home Stretch
- Staff Safety and the Family Presence Policy: Welcoming family does not mean allowing staff to be at greater risk of violence
- You’re not alone – Lisa Toback’s story
- It’s now, or never…
- Here's what's coming up for Nursing Week, May 9th - 13th
- Share your experience of the BC Influenza Prevention Policy for a chance to win $500
- What if we tried something totally different?
- A serene space comes to St. Paul’s Hospital and Langara Alder
- Mental health is everyone's business
- What mindfulness is and why you should try it
- Join the 2016 Scotiabank Vancouver Half-Marathon & 5k and Scotiabank Charity Challenge
- Youth Advisory Committee members captivate audience at Granville Youth Health Centre one-year anniversary event
- Big Engines, Big Hearts
- Interdisciplinary Patient and Family Centred Care Workshop
- EP Week - Are You Prepared for an emergency?
- Meet Eiselle Omampo: Championing Active and Clean Commuting Services
- Sodexo survey closing soon for a free coffee or tea
- Award to fund genetics study identifying patients with risk of heart disease
- Mother’s Day Top 10 Gift Ideas from SPH Gift Shop!