Winners announced for Clean Commuter and Wellness Challenge 2016
Submitted by Helen Williams, sustainability coordinator Energy and Environmental Sustainability
The results are in! Congratulations to everyone who took part in the Clean Commuter & Wellness Challenge this year. I know that the weather wasn’t always very encouraging, so all those of you who braved the rain and kept up with the Challenge should feel pleased with yourselves.
But the Challenge isn’t just about keeping fit, saving money and helping the environment, it’s also about prizes! And so, without further ado, here are the winners of this year’s Challenge:
- 2016's Top Self-Propellers are bikers extraordinaire Scot Elphinstone and Mario D'Angelo (PHC)
- Our inspirational Top Reducers this year are Colleen Smith (PHC) and Scot Elphinstone from (VCH)
- The Top Avoiders who maintained their already amazing commuting efforts are Arla Yost (PHSA) and Linda Hiepler (FH)
This year’s Top Teams are Gang Green who hail from Richmond and are led by Clement Lamb, and RST (Rapid-Strep-Teasers) from St Paul’s, who are captained by Peter McLellan.
Our Top in Category prize celebrates those who have commuted the furthest in each group:
- Sandra Moskalyk (VCH) for taking transit
- Sharon Anderson (FH) for walking
- Cyrus Dastoor (VCH) for carpooling and
- Mario D’Angelo (PHC) for biking
And finally, the prize which recognises the Top in PHC, based on the greatest improvement in carbon intensity, goes to Paramjit Kalkat!
Thanks again to all those who took part, and if you have any questions or comments, please email email@example.com
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Providence sweeps the Top Innovation – Affiliate category at the 2016 BC Health Care Awards
- St. Paul’s Foundation raised record $35 million last year
- 3 Defining Dates
- What's Wrong With This Picture - Wrap Up
- One step closer to reducing adverse medication events - Part two
- Congratulations to All 2016 Scotiabank Charity Challenge Participants!