Writing winning (hopefully!) award applications
Submitted by Health Care Awards Committee
PHC is bursting at the seams with people, initiatives and successes so deserving of recognition and shiny hardware.
But putting together an award application to secure that recognition and shiny hardware can sometimes feel daunting.
If you are thinking about, or are in the process of, putting together a nomination and are in need of some writing tips and tricks to get it across the finish line, look no further.
On Tuesday, February 27, from 2:30 to 4 p.m., in Conference Room 6 at St. Paul's, PHC's Health Care Awards Committee is hosting an entry-level writing workshop to help you prepare an award application for yourself, your team or a colleague.
We will cover the following topics and discussions during our time together:
- Why prepare an award nomination?
- Overview of local, provincial and national award opportunities
- Writing tips 101 for drafting (hopefully!) award-winning nominations
- Review & workshop examples of award applications (you're encouraged to bring any award applications that you're currently working on so that we can discuss any parts you might be stuck on)
No RSVP required but space is limited so please come early! Get all the details here: http://phcnews.ca/events/writing-award-application-workshop-i
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Lights, camera, celebrate! PHC Long Service Awards starring our 2017 recipients
- 'The love of my life was sacrificing a piece of himself to help me get better'
- 'The staff continue to exceed expectations,' says son, of mother’s care at Mount Saint Joseph Hospital
- St. Paul's Gift Shop takes steps to curb rampant shoplifting
- 6 tips to create a safe workplace and reduce theft
- Online paycheques coming soon for PHC staff
- Dr. Krahn and team receive $772,650 CIHR project grant
- The Doctors Are In podcast: Getting ready for go-live
- On January 31, let's talk about mental health
- Physiotherapy 101: Top tips to stay healthy on the slopes this winter
- Buy your tickets for Scotiabank Feast of Fortune!
- Take part in PEDAW 2018!
- Time to test your brain - Ethics Case of the Month is here!
- Dear EFAP: My new man needs a makeover!
- New standards outline payment amounts to use when engaging people with substance use experience
- Data Privacy Day 2018: Are you using your mobile devices safely?
- Catch of the month!
- Psychology month public lectures announced
- Register now for the Geriatric Services Conference and be entered to win a tablet
- St. Paul's Hospital needs magazine donations
- SPH February vendors announced
- Have a Buddha-full weekend!