Your Health on the Go: Think Digital
Submitted by Kerri Abramson, Manager, Research Education & Internal Awards, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute
You are invited to a Celebrate Research public lecture on the topic of "Your health on the go: think digital." This will be an informative evening talk with today’s research leaders in digital health. Learn about the digital tools and trends in the midst of a surge in health care information technology.
- When: March 8, 2018, 5:30-7 p.m. (doors open at 4:45 p.m.)
- Where: Vancouver General Hospital, Paetzold Auditorium, 899 W. 12th Ave., Vancouver
This event will be moderated by Dr. Robert McMaster, Vice President Research, Vancouver Coastal Health; Executive Director, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute; and Executive Associate Dean, Research, Faculty of Medicine, UBC. Speakers will include:
- Dr. Mark Ansermino, Professor of Anesthesia, UBC and Director of Centre for International Child Health, BC Children's Hospital
"Can healthcare be smarter?"
- Dr. Linda Li, Professor and Harold Robinson/Arthritis Society Chair, UBC and Research Scientist, Centre for Health Evaluation and Outcome Sciences
"Web, apps, and wearables: Tools for joint health?"
- Dr. Kendall Ho, Professor in the Department of Emergency Medicine, UBC and emergency physician, VGH
"TEC4Home: Reflections on a journey from introduction of innovation to health system integration"
RSVP at vchri.ca/CelebrateResearch
This free event is presented by the Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, the BC Children's Hospital Research, and the Providence Health Care Research Institute.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Pink Shirt Day - Next Week!
- Congratulations to the winners of the 2018 Unsung Hero Awards!
- After heart surgery, Rick Moyneur is enjoying life one day at a time
- Holy Family Hospital Residence rings in the Lunar New Year with luck, laughs and dumplings
- Are you looking to make a lasting positive change in your work environment? Join the QI Challenge!
- Toddlers should tune out
- Don't be stressed about your stress test!
- People Helping People
- Dear EFAP: My old college flame recently moved to town
- Last chance to recognize a PHC scientist for their outstanding research
- Nomination deadline for Professional Practice Awards extended to April 9
- Nominate early for chance to win two tickets and one night at the Fairmont Waterfront!
- Writing winning (hopefully!) award applications
- Just how bad is all that sugar for your heart?
- Gender-based violence – A free, online course for health sector workers
- Templeton Stroke Recovery Branch helps outpatients in the community
- March vendor tables announced
- Last chance to "spread some love" for a chance to win a $25 gift card!